Tbh, I never thought I’d grow my own cannabis.
I thought people only grew for a side hustle.
Until 2019, I was buying all of my weed.
I was intrigued by home grows.
But I wasn’t confident in my ability to produce the quality I was buying.
Turns out, I just needed my eyes opened.
Back in 2016, I had just moved to Colorado and was regularly “seshing” with everyone I could in the industry.
You see, networking in cannabis often takes place in a “sesh” — a meeting focused around consuming flower and hash.
[Side note: Being able to smoke for hours during these conversations is a skill with massive ROI in this space)
One of the people at those seshes was growing a small plant in his closet with some old computer fans.
Turns out, you can grow small amounts for fun!
He wasn’t trying to get pounds; he wanted top quality head stash.
Soon after, I started to see more and more friends start their own hobby grows.
That’s when I saw it.
Growing weed is a hobby that:
- Improves health AND happiness
- Becomes more common as prohibition slowly dies
- Can be enjoyed by patients and consumers around the world
- And it’s easier (and cheaper) than ever to get started growing your own
My background writing for grow-related cannabis companies catalyzed my decision to give it a try.
And during that first grow, I saw:
- What it takes to grow the plant I’d consumed for 10+ years
- How many different ways there are to grow weed at home
- The impact that a hobby can have on both personal and professional life
- Why the growers I knew were so passionate without having any intent to sell