The fun part of growing is not the post-harvest cleanup aka “reset”.
Since I started growing my first cannabis plant in a 2x2 in my closet, I’ve had to reset my tents 30x.
Here’s the complete post-harvest grow tent reset formula I use every time for fast, clean results.
Before you start:
- Gloves recommended when working with oxidizers and sanitizers.
- Eye protection: Don’t go blind; protect your eyes when working with chemicals.
- Mask/rebreather: Not required (but heavily encouraged when working with any chemistries or moving around items that will stir up small particles like dust and dirt).
What You’ll Need:
- Zerotol HC/2.0 (I recommend 2.0 if your local store has it)
- Dish Soap
- Pressurized Sprayer
- Eye Protection
- Mask (optional but recommended)
1. Remove Used Materials
- Plant Material: Branches, leaves, anything that may have fallen to the floor during the cycle or harvest.
- Substrate: Unless you are reusing your media, dispose of it immediately after harvest.
- Pots*: If you run fabric pots like I do, you will want to remove these and wash or toss depending on condition of the pots
- *If you run plastic pots, dump your substrate and rinse if needed.
- Porus Materials: Some disagree, but I remove items like cotton netting (trellis) after each cycle. It’s an extra step, and cost, but I’m more comfortable starting fresh than trying to sanitize the cotton string
2. Wash Anything That’s Dirty
- I use regular old dish soap.
- This can be done inside the tent (if it is big enough), in a bathroom (recommended for apartments in case of spills), or in a…